MahaSati 2022 Training, Years 3 & 4 (2024 – 2025)
This training is only for those currently attending MahaSati Training 2022
MahaSati Year 3 – 4 are the years in which the MahaSati foundational teachings and practices of Year 1 – 2 really have a chance to deepen and integrate across aspects of one’s heart, mind, and life. Many in MahaSati Years 3 – 4 have called it ‘where the MahaSati practice really begins to shine forth’ and the wiser view which is developing becomes more natural and unshakable (familiarized/stabilized).
Year 3 Curriculum
- The Relationship between MahaSati and Energy
- The Relationship between MahaSati and the Divine Abode Practices
- The Relationship between MahaSati and Devotion/Ardency
- MahaSati Subtle Near Misses
- MahaSati transforming Strong Emotions
- Qualities of Space and Spaciousness in MahaSati Practice
- Ajahn Chah Teaching on MahaSati and Locationlessness
- Continued integration of all MahaSati themes in daily life
Year 4 Curriculum
- MahaSati Practice with the Mind In Stillness and the Mind in Movement
- Ajahn Chah MahaSati Practice Taking the One Seat
- Sutta Teachings on Emptiness
- Deepening more with the 3 Subtle Characteristics
- MahaSati and working with Deeper Defilement Roots
- MahaSati Wiser View of Thoughts and Emotions
- MahaSati With and Without Doorways
- MahaSati and the Two Truths
- Continued familiarize and stabilize of all MahaSati themes in daily life
Years 3 – 4 Training Will Include
1. Eight Self-Paced Modules for Year 3 and Eight Self-Paced Modules for Year 4 (16 total) including:
– At Home Study & Practice Materials
– Password Protected Recordings of the teachings and guided meditations for participants only, during the time of your Training
2. Four Optional Attendance Whole Groups Gatherings on Zoom during the Two-Year Advanced Training
Year 3, 2024: Two Optional Attendance Whole Group Gatherings on Zoom and recorded:
- Intro to Years 3 – 4, plus Introductions to MahaSati Energy Practices and Divine Abodes Practices from a MahaSati Perspective
- MahaSati Subtle Near Misses deep dive
Year 4, 2025: Two Optional Attendance Whole Group Gatherings on Zoom and recorded:
- Introduction to MahaSati with Mind in Stillness & In Movement, plus Taking The One Seat Teaching/Practice
- Conclusion to Year 4, plus deeper dive into MahaSati Stillness & Movement and Two Truths teachings
3. A Commitment to Ten Individual Sessions with Heather per year to support and deepen meditation and daily life MahaSati practice.
4. One Mandatory MahaSati Residential Retreat per year, to deepen Mahasati practice.
– In 2024 you will have the choice to attend the In Person Retreat June 5 – 12th in Los Angeles or the Online MahaSati Retreat held August 3 – 10th. You need to attend one of these two retreats in order to continue with the Training.
– In 2025 the MahaSati Retreat will be held Online
5. Monthly Small Group to discuss practice, study and continue community support.
– If you would like to try to be placed into a new small group, or you would prefer to only have one person as a Dharma Buddy for Years 3 – 4, please let Heather know.
Financial Support Commitments for the Teacher and the Training **
Participants are asked to offer as high on the sliding scales as they can comfortably afford.
1. The Two-Year Advanced Training will be offered on a Donation Sliding Scale between $1300 – $2500. This includes the 4 Zoom Events, all 16 Modules of Recordings during the time of your Training, At Home Study and Practice materials, plus Administration support for the ongoing Training.
– Deposit (nonrefundable) of $500 due by August 20th
– Reminder Donation Due between January 17 – 30, 2024
– Monthly donations available upon request for those on fixed income
Committing Level: An offering of $1300 is a basic support offering for Heather for the two-year advanced training.
Sustaining Level: An offering of $1850 or Above is an supportive offering which allows Heather increased sustainability to continue & deepen the MahaSati teachings and offerings – Thank you!
Benefactor Level: ** An offering of above $2200 will directly support Heather to offer Scholarships to be offered to other participants who need financial support – Thank you!
Benefactee Level: ** Please ask if you need financial support and Heather can tell you how much Scholarship money is available from gifts from the rest of the MahaSati Training community.
2. The Commitment to Ten Annual Individual Sessions per year with Heather are also offered on a Sliding Scale Teacher Support Model. Updated Sliding Scale.
** 55 minute sessions: $105 – $175; 30 minute sessions: $65 – $100
For those in financial need, we can set up a Benefactor/Benefactee anonymous system to have another person in the training offer more financial support to help support your sessions with Heather.
3. The Annual MahaSati Retreat is signed up for and paid for separately.
2024 In Person Retreat in Los Angeles June 5 – 12th
– Expect approximately $1050 for the retreat to pay for the retreat center and meals.
– Expect approximately $650 – $1800 for the 3-Role Teacher/Registrar/Manager.
2024 AND 2025 Online Retreat Options
– Expect approximately $600 – $1200 to support all registration, managing, hosting, recordings work, teaching preparation and teaching of the retreat.